Allied Health Assistant / Therapy Assistant
BRISBANE | Full time | Currently taking applicants
Brain Train is a market-leading, family-centred and values-focused Allied Health Organisation. We aim to support as many children and adults with autism and other neurological and neuro-developmental differences as possible!
We provide services in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne to over 500 children and adults. Our foundational program is based on sensorimotor integration and our network of therapies includes Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Family Support, Early Childhood Intervention, Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology.
A fantastic opportunity for a highly competent, values-focused Allied Health Assistant / Therapy Assistant for our Brisbane Centre in Bowen Hills! This person will support, assist, and work collaboratively with our integrated Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) to deliver great outcomes to our superstar clients! Our integrated MDT includes our lovely and supportive Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and Exercise Physiologists, who you will work together with to support our clients and their families. If you have the desire to make a genuine, very real and tangible difference in the lives of our superstar clients, supporting them in fully reaching their absolute potential, then you are the person we’ve been looking for!
- Assist our team/s to deliver exceptional therapy and support to our clients and their families through delivery of therapy itself (delegation and supervision from a qualified Health Professional), or through the development of much needed resources for families (also guided by our wonderfully supportive Health Professionals!)
- Therapy Assistant to our OT, SP, PT and EP teams
- Assistance with ordering Therapy Equipment for our team/s
- Ensuring compliance with Brain Train’s policies, procedures and work practices
- Other tasks as required by your Centre Manager and/or your supervising Health Professionals
- Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent qualifications/experience highly desirable
- Love engaging with special needs children, with a calm, nurturing and supportive demeanour, with the desire to make a very real and tangible, positive difference in their lives
- High levels of energy, engagement, and enthusiasm
- Wants to be a part of a collaborative, open, and mission-driven multi-disciplinary team
- Working with Children and NDIS Clearance checks
- First Aid and CPR certificates
Brain Train is a rapidly growing Allied Health service supporting children and adults with autism and other neurological challenges. We provide services in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne to over 800 children and adults. Our foundational program is based on sensorimotor integration and our service covers a vast range of therapies.
Why work with Brain Train?
A unique culture.
When you join the growing multi-disciplinary team at Brain Train, you will immediately recognise the uniquely family orientated culture we have worked so hard to develop. This provides our team with a distinctly and highly supportive work environment that we like to think of as the best of both worlds – a national multi-disciplinary support team, balanced by an individualised therapeutic approach.
Team members talking to team members.
True cross-centre and cross-discipline collaboration, creating the genuine synergy that is possible with a mutually respectful multi-disciplinary approach and a relentless focus on optimising client outcomes, makes for an inspiring work environment.
Proactive personal AND professional development.
In addition to the competitive remuneration package you would expect from a highly regarded registered NDIS provider committed to hiring the best professionals in the market, we ‘walk the wellness talk’ with in-house yoga and mindfulness classes, team wellness stations, and a deep concern for proactively managing work / life balance.
A career at Brain Train is more than just a job! It’s an opportunity to join a community of like-minded professionals committed to making a positive difference in the lives of children and adults with autism and neurodevelopmental differences. Our commitment to creating an enjoyable and healthy workplace, life balance, and career development ensures a career path exists for high achievers.
How to Apply
If you’re looking for a truly rewarding role with a great team, where you’re encouraged to grow and thrive, apply now with a cover letter and resume which demonstrates your ability to deliver on the responsibilities for the role. Please send this to email@example.com
Brain Train welcomes the rich diversity of our community and strives to be inclusive for all. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote social inclusion and encourage applications from all persons.