Exercise Physiologist – Neuro and Developmental
MELBOURNE | Part time | Currently taking applicants
We are looking for an energetic, engaging and enthusiastic Exercise Physiologist to join our Melbourne team in Port Melbourne, delivering our foundational sensorimotor integration and neurodevelopmental program on Saturdays. You will receive all the training you need in sensorimotor and neurodevelopmental supports and over time will have the opportunity to use your knowledge, skill and experience to help children meet more advanced goals.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Providing interventions to target reflex and sensorimotor integration whilst considering an individual’s sensory processing strengths and challenges, self-regulation, and motor differences
- Facilitating functional and stimulating experiences to target and achieve individualised goals
- Implementing, monitoring and reviewing treatment plans
- Conducting Neurodevelopmental Efficiency Tests to determine baseline and post treatment data
- Providing written assessment and reports and case notes for all clients
Qualifications, experience and skills that will support your success in this role include:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Exercise Physiology
- Appropriate registration with ESSA (AEP)
- Early career opportunity – seeking applicants with 1-3 years experience as an Exercise Physiologist
- NDIS Workers Clearance and Working with Children Checks
- First Aid and CPR accreditation
- This is a hands-on and active role. You will need the ability to regularly stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift.
- Demonstrated history of positive interaction with children with special needs or complex challenges
- Intuition and have high levels of energy, engagement and enthusiasm
Brain Train is a rapidly growing Allied Health service supporting children and adults with autism and other neurological challenges. We provide services in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne to over 800 children and adults. Our foundational program is based on sensorimotor integration and our service covers a vast range of therapies.
Why work with Brain Train?
A unique culture.
When you join the growing multi-disciplinary team at Brain Train, you will immediately recognise the uniquely family orientated culture we have worked so hard to develop. This provides our team with a distinctly and highly supportive work environment that we like to think of as the best of both worlds – a national multi-disciplinary support team, balanced by an individualised therapeutic approach.
Team members talking to team members.
True cross-centre and cross-discipline collaboration, creating the genuine synergy that is possible with a mutually respectful multi-disciplinary approach and a relentless focus on optimising client outcomes, makes for an inspiring work environment.
Proactive personal AND professional development.
In addition to the competitive remuneration package you would expect from a highly regarded registered NDIS provider committed to hiring the best professionals in the market, we ‘walk the wellness talk’ with in-house yoga and mindfulness classes, team wellness stations, and a deep concern for proactively managing work / life balance.
A career at Brain Train is more than just a job! It’s an opportunity to join a community of like-minded professionals committed to making a positive difference in the lives of children and adults with autism and neurodevelopmental differences. Our commitment to creating an enjoyable and healthy workplace, life balance, and career development ensures a career path exists for high achievers.
How to Apply
If you’re looking for a truly rewarding role with a great team, where you’re encouraged to grow and thrive, apply now with a cover letter and resume which demonstrates your ability to deliver on the responsibilities for the role. Please send this to email@example.com
Brain Train welcomes the rich diversity of our community and strives to be inclusive for all. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote social inclusion and encourage applications from all persons.