What can we provide in a Physiotherapy session at Brain Train?
As part of Brain Train’s commitment to providing an integrated network of therapies to help children and adults with autism, neurodevelopmental and neurological challenges to thrive. Our physiotherapy practice focuses on improving the function of clients who have suffered physical impairment caused by neurological and musculoskeletal conditions. Our physiotherapists have experience working with children and adults with complex needs and have a special interest in Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation (DNS) approaches.
Our physiotherapists emphasise the importance of the deep muscle stabilising system for optimal movement patterns. This system has a ‘feed-forward mechanism’, which means that the brain triggers this system to automatically activate prior to any movement. If this system is not functioning as it should, this compromises any movement that you purposefully make and can impact the efficiency of motor movement patterns and potentially lead to both functional and musculoskeletal impairments.
Areas that we can help with include:
• Screening and assessment for developmental delays;
• Activate / reactivate dormant global motor patterns;
• Gait analysis and retraining;
• Injury assessment and rehabilitation;
• Using unique approaches to enhance developmental and neurological challenges – where the induced movements are controlled by the higher centers of the central nervous system, providing faster and longer-lasting improvement of function, and movement patterns;
• Pain relief
Our Physiotherapy team works with children and adults with:
- Developmental or motor milestone delays;
- Coordination issues and clumsiness;
- Acquired Brain Injury (ABI);
- Cerebral Palsy (CP) and muscular dystrophies / trophies;
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS);
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND) and degenerative neurological conditions;
- Musculoskeletal issues and disorders;
- Parkinson’s Disease