Speech Pathologist – Melbourne
MELBOURNE | Full time | Currently taking applicants
- The Opportunity
We are looking for an energetic, engaging and enthusiastic Speech Pathologist to join our Brain Train Melbourne Centre located in Port Melbourne. This role is in our established Melbourne team. You have an opportunity to make a very real and tangible difference in the lives of our superstar clients, supporting them in fully reaching their absolute potential!
We welcome collaboration within our multidisciplinary service, to provide innovative and effective evidence-based strategies and treatment plans for our clients. This role offers the opportunity to provide individual therapy sessions as well as group and joint therapy sessions with other disciplines, as therapeutically appropriate.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Working as part of a team that places strong importance on family-focused supports.
- Consulting with multi-disciplinary team members to create collaborative treatment plans and integrative strategies.
- Provision of high-quality evidence-based assessment and treatment across a range of practice areas including Augmentative and Alternative Communication, Autism Spectrum Disorders, receptive and expressive language, speech sound disorders, and literacy.
- Providing strength-based interventions through play to develop communication skills with regular supervision and PD opportunities.
- Working with clients and their families to set goals, and develop intervention plans that can be integrated into the client’s routine.
You are an intuitive person who is energetic and enthusiastic by nature, and can engage with children through a play-based approach. Having an appreciation and flexible mindset for a wide range of therapeutic approaches, you will thrive in the collaborative environment of our multidisciplinary team.
Qualifications, experience and skills that will support your success in this role include:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Speech Pathology and SPA registration.
- A minimum 6 months paediatric experience.
- Demonstrated history of positive interaction with children with special needs or complex challenges in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and use of neuro-diversity affirmative practices.
- Experience delivering services under the NDIS highly regarded.
- Experience working with early intervention, children and adolescents with neurodevelopmental disorders, including Intellectual Disability, Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD, and GDD highly regarded.
- Certifications in Hanen programs would be highly regarded
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working with Children and NDIS Workers Clearance checks.
- Current First Aid and CPR qualification.
Brain Train is a rapidly growing Allied Health service supporting children and adults with autism and other neurological challenges. We provide services in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne to over 800 children and adults. Our foundational program is based on sensorimotor integration and our service covers a vast range of therapies.
Why work with Brain Train?
A unique culture.
When you join the growing multi-disciplinary team at Brain Train, you will immediately recognise the uniquely family orientated culture we have worked so hard to develop. This provides our team with a distinctly and highly supportive work environment that we like to think of as the best of both worlds – a national multi-disciplinary support team, balanced by an individualised therapeutic approach.
Team members talking to team members.
True cross-centre and cross-discipline collaboration, creating the genuine synergy that is possible with a mutually respectful multi-disciplinary approach and a relentless focus on optimising client outcomes, makes for an inspiring work environment.
Proactive personal AND professional development.
In addition to the competitive remuneration package you would expect from a highly regarded registered NDIS provider committed to hiring the best professionals in the market, we ‘walk the wellness talk’ with in-house yoga and mindfulness classes, team wellness stations, and a deep concern for proactively managing work / life balance.
A career at Brain Train is more than just a job! It’s an opportunity to join a community of like-minded professionals committed to making a positive difference in the lives of children and adults with autism and neurodevelopmental differences. Our commitment to creating an enjoyable and healthy workplace, life balance, and career development ensures a career path exists for high achievers.
How to Apply
If you’re looking for a truly rewarding role with a great team, where you’re encouraged to grow and thrive, apply now with a cover letter and resume which demonstrates your ability to deliver on the responsibilities for the role. Please send this to email@example.com
Brain Train welcomes the rich diversity of our community and strives to be inclusive for all. As an equal opportunity employer, we promote social inclusion and encourage applications from all persons.